- Presented by Ms. Lily Zhang from the Confucius Institute of UW-Platteville
- Tuesday, February 8, 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm
- Library meeting room (downstairs)
China’s 5,000-year history and ancient civilization has been inherited by modern Chinese people. This culture requires adherence to some strict taboos and manners for daily living.
After this class, you will feel more comfortable interacting with Chinese culture and be able to avoid awkward situations when you meet Chinese people.
How are families structured?
What are popular forms of entertainment?
What sorts of food do they eat?
What’s the transportation system like?
The answers to these and other questions are provided in full detail to bring Chinese culture alive for the modern westerner. The ethnic minority cultures in China will also be explored.
More upcoming presentations from the Confucius Institute:
- Geography & Travel on Tuesday, March 8
- Chinese History on Tuesday, April 12