We’re so glad that you want to help at the Platteville Public Library. We have a variety of opportunities for volunteers at the library.
Shelf readers play an important role in keeping the library neat and organized by
- Making sure books are in order on library shelves.
- Straightening books to keep shelves looking neat and attractive.
- Shifting books so that books are evenly distributed on shelves.
- Do you visit the library on a regular basis? Consider adopting a shelf. Volunteer a few minutes of your time when you visit the library to shelf read and straighten your adopted shelf.
Keep our library sparkling
The library is a popular place, and so are its thousands of books and DVDs. Help us maintain our collection by
- Wiping down book covers and DVD cases.
- Dusting shelves and computer monitors.
- Sanitizing computer keyboards.
Library book sales earn money for the Platteville Library Foundation, which helps us fund new books, programs, technology, and more. Book sale volunteers can help by
- Sorting donated materials prior to book sales.
- Setting up and organizing items for book sales.
- Staffing book sales.
- Cleaning up after book sales.
Sometimes library staff can use help with library programs and events. Volunteers can help by
- Setting up and taking down large programs.
- Preparing materials for library programs.
- Do you have a talent or area of expertise that you’d like to share? Contact the library if you are interested in volunteering to speak at a library event or if you are interested in putting together a library program.