If you or any members of your household are experiencing a fever, cough, or any COVID-19 symptoms, do not use curbside pickup.
Check our hours page for curbside times.
How curbside pickup works
- Request Platteville Public Library items through our catalog at plattevillepubliclibrary.org/catalog
- Library staff will look for requested items at scheduled times during the day. Depending on when you requested your items, there may be a delay before your items are ready for pickup. You will be notified when your items are ready.
- Be on the lookout for an email, text, or call from Library staff letting you know that your holds are ready.
- Stop by the library during our curbside hours: Tuesday – Friday, 10:00 am – 6:00 pm.
- The pickup location is in the parking lot behind the library, near the gray staff door.
- When you get to the library, give us a call to let us know you’re here.
- Give us a minute to get your items checked out to your account.
- We’ll bring your items out to the pickup table. Your library items will be checked out, bagged, and have a receipt attached.
- Please wait until library staff have re-entered the library to pick up your materials.
- Enjoy your library materials!
- Please note: we’ll hold on to your requested items for one week after we let you know they are ready for you.
- You can request Platteville Public Library items through our catalog at plattevillepubliclibrary.org/catalog.
- Please note that items coming from other libraries in our library system will take longer to get here due to limited library hours and quarantining procedures.
Get help requesting items
- Don’t know how to place holds? Check out our instructions.
- Don’t know the PIN for your account? It’s most likely set to the last four digits of your phone number.
- Not able to place your own holds? Call us at 608-348-7441 x 4 and we can place holds for you. We’re available Tuesday – Friday from 10 am – 6 pm and Saturday from 9 am – 12 pm.
- Not sure what to put on hold? Sign up for a “surprise hold!” Fill out our form here and tell us what you’re interested in. Our expert library staff will select up to three books or three movies for you and place holds on your behalf. Please note that you may have up to ten total items on hold at a time.
Updating your phone number
- Need to update your phone number? You can change your own phone number through your account in our online catalog, or you can call us at 608-348-7441 x 4, Tuesday – Friday from 10 am – 6 pm or Saturday from 9 am – 12 pm.
You can send a file to our printer and arrange to pick it up using our curbside pickup. Here are the steps:
- Use our wireless printing instructions to send your files to the library printer.
- You’ll get a notification that your print job has been successfully sent
- Using email? You’ll get an email from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Using the app? You’ll get a push notification on your phone
- Using the web portal? You’ll see “Your request has been processed” on your screen.
Have questions about sending something to the library printers? Call us at 608-348-7441 ext 4.
- If you or any members of your household are experiencing a fever, cough, or any COVID-19 symptoms, please do not schedule a curbside pickup.
- Before your enjoy your library materials, we recommend that you let them quarantine.
- We are using CDC recommendations as we process your requests, including handwashing, masks, and social distancing.
- Returned items will be quarantined before being checked in.
Returning books and library materials
- The outside bookdrop is open for returns 24/7.
- The bookdrop is located near the handicap parking spaces in the parking lot behind the library.
- If you need to return kits, artwork, or other items that won’t fit in the bookdrop, please call the library to drop off items during library hours.
- Returned items will be quarantined before being checked in. Your returned items may still be on your account for several days after you returned them. If an item you brought back is still on your library account after a week, please contact the library.
- There will be no fines on checked out items.
Have a questions?
- Call us at 608-348-7441 x 4, Tuesday – Friday from 10 am – 6 pm or Saturday from 9 am – 12 pm or email us at email@example.com