How can I request an item?
- You can request items from our library or from any of the libraries in the Southwest Wisconsin Library System.
- It will be easier to request an item if you log in to the catalog first.
- Search the catalog and find an item that you would like to request.
- Click the “Place hold” button.
If you are not logged in to your account, you will have to enter the 14-digit barcode and your PIN and click on the “Place Hold” button again.
- If you would like to pick up your items at a different library, choose a library from the drop-down menu.
- If you would like to reserve a specific copy or volume, uncheck the “reserve any item” box and then check the box(es) next to the specific item(s) you want.
- Click the “Reserve” button.
How will I know when my item is here?
- If you want to be notified by email when your item is ready for pickup, stop by the library to make sure that your email address is in your record.
- If we do not have your email address, you will be notified by phone when your item is ready.
- Your request may take at least one week or longer, depending on the item availability.
Why can’t I request an item?
- If an item is new to another library, they may not make it available for requests until their patrons have had a chance to use it first.
- You may only have ten items requested at one time.
- Some items are part of special collections so you may not be able to request them from another library.
- Items in storage are not readily accessible so you may not be able to request them.
How do I get a library card?
How do I access my library account?
How do I renew my library items?