COVID-19 Room Limits
- Study Room 1, Study Room 2: limit of 4 people
- Conference Room, Large Study Room: limit of 10 people
- Community Room: limit of 20 people
- All other meeting room policies apply.
Reserving a room
Room reservations can be made online or by contacting the library. Click here to reserve a room.
A library card is not required to reserve a room.
Room use policy
General Room Use Policy
By reserving or using a Library meeting room, participants are responsible for upholding all local, State, and Federal laws and the following policy. Exceptions to the following policy may be made at the discretion of the Library Director or designee. Appeals may be made to the Library Board. Failure to abide by this policy may result in suspension of meeting room privileges.
Making a Reservation
- Individuals and groups may have up to 3 active reservations at a time.
- Reservations may be made 3 months in advance.
- Reservations are approved on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Repeated late arrivals, cancellation, and/or no-shows may result in suspension of meeting room privileges.
- The library reserves the right to cancel any reservation due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Library meeting rooms are available from opening time until 15 minutes before closing time. Events and clean-up must be completed 15 minutes before closing.
- Person making the reservation is financially responsible for any loss or damage to Library property and will be assessed the cost of any necessary repairs or extensive cleanup.
Conditions of Use
- Clean-up is the responsibility of the organization and persons using the room. Waste that does not fit in the regular bins provided must be removed by the organization.
- The Library does not provide supplies for refreshments.
- Alcohol may not be served.
- Participants may use painter’s tape to attach items to the walls.
- Use of candles or other flammable material is prohibited.
- The Library does not provide storage space and cannot hold items for meeting attendees, and items should not be left unattended in the Library meeting rooms.
- Individual or designated group member is responsible for checking in with library staff before and after using the room.
- Rooms that have been vacated for more than 30 minutes without notifying staff will be considered available for use and the remainder of the reservation may be cancelled.
- Groups or individuals using a meeting room shall not use the Library logo or Library branding in any publicity, or publicize their event in any way that implies that it is sponsored, co-sponsored, endorsed, or approved by the library, unless permission to do so has been given in advance by the Library Director or designee.
- Use of the meeting rooms does not constitute an endorsement of the views of the user of the room by the Library.
- Use of the Library meeting rooms may not interfere with the use of the Library by other patrons, the work of the library staff or any other aspect of normal library operation. Meeting activities must be confined to the reserved meeting rooms.
- The Library retains the right to monitor all meetings, programs and events conducted on the premises to ensure compliance with Library regulations. Library staff will have free access to the Community Room, kitchenette, and storage room at all times.
Community Room Policy
- The Community Room is intended for groups of 10 or more.
- Maximum capacity for the Community Room is 68 people.
- Reservations may be made by individuals aged 18 or older.
- Room usage involving minors must include at least one supervisory adult present in the room for every 15 minors.
- Individuals and groups can use the Community Room 2 times per month, up to 8 hours per month.
- Private events and/or commercial events will be charged $10 / hour.
- Commercial events are events for the purpose of selling, advertising, promoting commercial products or services (including compilation of mailing lists for future solicitation), or fundraising.
- Events that are open to the public and are not for the purpose of advertising, promoting, or selling a product or service are free.
- Refunds will be authorized if the Library is notified of cancellation in advance. Refunds will not be authorized for no-shows, day-of cancellations, or unused time.
- Payment information is not shared with other parties.
Large Study Room and Conference Room Policy
- The Large Study Room and Conference Room are intended for groups of 3 or more.
- Maximum capacity for the Large Study Room and Conference Room is 16 people.
- Reservations may be made by individuals aged 16 or older.
- At least one individual aged 16 or older must be present in the room while the room is in use.
- Large Study Room and Conference Room may be used for up to 4 hours per day.
- There is no charge to use the Large Study Room or Conference Room.
- Rooms not occupied within 30 minutes of the reserved time will be considered cancelled and available for use.
Study Rooms Policy
- Study Rooms can accommodate up to 4 individuals.
- Reservations may be made by patrons aged 12 or older.
- At least one individual aged 12 or older must be present while the room is in use.
- Study Rooms may be used for up to 4 hours per day, for a total of 40 hours per month.
- Rooms not occupied within 30 minutes of the reserved time will be considered cancelled and available for booking.
Revised December 3, 2019