Wisconsin’s Digital Library:
Downloading e-books and audiobooks through OverDrive.
Download e-books and audiobooks from anywhere through OverDrive.
- You will need your library card and a PIN for your library card (see library staff to set up a PIN)
- You may have up to 10 titles checked out from the Digital Library.
- Downloaded e-books are checked out for up to 21 days and are automatically returned to the library.
- Downloaded audiobooks are checked out for up to 14 days and are automatically returned to the library.
OverDrive instructions for…
- Kindle Fire (PDF)
- Kindle or Kindle app (not for Kindle Fire) (PDF)
- Nook with apps (Nook Color, Nook HD, Nook Tablet) (PDF)
- Nook (PDF)
- iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch (PDF)
- Android devices (Samsung, Sony, Google tablets and phones) (PDF)
- mp3 players, iPod (PDF)
- e-books and audiobooks will be automatically returned at the end of your checkout period.
- You do not need to return your e-books/audiobooks.
- However, you may return your e-books/audiobooks early if you want to.
- Searchable help from Overdrive
- Short instructional video help from Overdrive
- Transferring OverDrive files to a Kindle via USB (from Amazon)
- Directions for Windows Security Upgrade: Windows Media Player may need to be updated before it will work with OverDrive. If these directions don’t work, visit Windows Media Security Upgrade using Internet Explorer and try installing again.
- Adobe Digital Editions: for transferring e-books to an e-reader (such as a Nook)
OverDrive apps & software
OverDrive apps are available from your device’s app store. Search for “OverDrive.”